Relatively uninhibited philosophizings on self and kosmos whenever the mood strikes...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tim Dickinson Summarizes "Make-Believe Maverick"
I recently posted an entry about The Real John McCain in which I questioned his selfless service to this country and his suitability to be president. I quoted at some length from a Rolling Stone article titled Make-Believe Maverick authored by Tim Dickinson. I suggested that anyone who endorses McCain for president should read this article and research its allegations before they cast their vote for McCain in November.
I had planned to distill those allegations into a future post. I may still do it. But, in the meantime, I'd like to share with you a video synopsis by the article's author himself of some of its key points. I want to thank my dear friend Tom Armstrong for sending me the link to it.
You Call it Geschwurbel, I Call it Baloney
-
As we know, one man’s intellectual baloney — which is English for *geschwurbel
*—can be another man’s filet mignon. I have no idea how materialists
subsi...
Let’s Talk About Cash…
-
An interesting article about investors carrying too much cash was in
today’s Wall Street Journal. There’s nothing in the piece that is
inaccurate or ...
Free Choices and Open Futures (Chapter 1.5)
-
Kane contrasts the conditional necessity of determinism with the “Open
alternatives” of free will in which we can deliberate on those alternatives
and choo...
No comments:
Post a Comment