Friday, May 23, 2008

Living in the Present

I'm looking forward to my three day weekend. But I need to bear in mind that the sooner it comes, the sooner it goes. That is, the sooner I get off work tonight, the sooner I'll be going back to work Tuesday afternoon. And if, while I work tonight, I keep thinking about how good it's going to be to get off work and enjoy my weekend, it's going to make work tonight seem more unpleasant than it needs to. And then I'll be thinking so much all weekend about how unpleasant work was tonight and about how much I dread having to go back to work Tuesday, that I'll enjoy the weekend far less than I might. So, why not just live fully in the present, at work and play, with the most positive attitude possible? I tried that yesterday and the day before, and I liked how it turned out. No reason to stop now.

No comments: