Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Linking to a Great Review of a Great Movie

"I turned to my companion and said, 'I think that is the best movie I ever saw.'"
--William F. Buckley

I've just finished watching a wonderful movie. I don't have time to review it here, and, besides, I've just read a review of it that is leaps and bounds beyond anything I could muster even if I had all the time in the world. But I agree with everything it says. So, if you're curious and are able to access it in Salon, here is a virtually perfect review of one of the best films I've seen in a long, long time by someone who has become one of my favorite movie reviewers. The film, set in the repressive bleakness that was East Germany in the mid 1980's, is titled The Lives of Others, and the reviewer is Stephanie Zacharek.

No comments: