Friday, November 24, 2006

How Did it Happen?

How interesting! I just went into Rhapsody and clicked on its review of The Who's album Who's Next, and at the precise instant that I began reading the review, I heard the closing moments of "Baba O'Riley" in a commercial coming from the TV in the other room. Was that a remarkable coincidence or the result of divine causation or something else? It was almost certainly coincidence and not necessarily remarkable given the extreme popularity of that legendary album and song with the baby boomers who currently rule this part of the world's culture. But, still, I'm struck by the virtual simultaneity of looking at the Rhapsody page on Who's Next and hearing "Baba O'Riley."

If I have too many of these kinds of experiences, it just might shake me up a little.

No comments: