Monday, August 14, 2006

Getting With the Program

I believe that I was not made for this world. I have too many defects to fulfill my or anyone's purpose. Yet, it seems that I have three essential alternatives. One, I can go on like I have been and be of little good to anyone. Two, I can kill myself. Or three, I can set clear goals in keeping with my ideals, try as hard and smart as I can to achieve them, and walk that fine line between accepting the results of my efforts, no matter how short they may fall of my target, and pushing myself to do better.

I don't want to go on being useless to myself and others. I don't want to kill myself and am too much of a coward to do it anway. So, it looks like I need to choose the third alternative and get with the program. Here and now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then, get a JOB and help yoursellf as well as other people and stop whining!!!!!!!!!!

Steve said...

I'm not "whining," my friend. Quite the opposite.

Anonymous said...

I pick number 2

Steve said...

Sorry, my dear friend, that option is out of the running for me. :-) If you were speaking of your own situation, I hope it's not on your list of possibilities either.